Breast Implant Surgery (Augmentation Mammoplasty)
Augmentation mammoplasty, or breast augmentation, is typically performed to enlarge small, underdeveloped breasts or breasts that have decreased in size after a woman has had children. Breast augmentation is usually accomplished by surgically inserting an implant behind each breast.
Recently, the use of fat injections for modest breast size increase has become more accepted.
You may be a candidate for a breast augmentation:
- If you feel that your breasts are too small or misshapen
- If apparel that fit well around your hips is often too large at the chest
- If you feel self-conscious wearing form-fitting clothing or a swimsuit
- If your breasts have decreased in size and lost their firmness after having children
- If you have asymmetry, where one of your breasts is noticeably smaller than the other.
Individual factors and personal preferences will help you and Dr. Mondolfi determine:
- Whether saline or gel filled devices are appropriate.
- The proper implant size for your height, your weight, your build and the shape of your chest wall.
- The location of incisions, and whether breast implants will be placed on top of or underneath the pectoral muscle.
Saline breast implants consist in a silicone rubber outer shell filled with sterile intravenous fluid. Saline implants are filled after being placed; thus may be inserted via a smaller incision than silicone implants and may be inserted through incisions in the axilla or around the areola. Saline implants allow for minor modifications in implant size at the time of the operation.
Silicone filled breast implants consist in a silicone rubber outer shell filled with cohesive silicone gel. Silicone products have been shown to be bio-compatible and reliable, All silicone breast implants are pre-filled and may require a longer incision for implant placement. Dr. Mondolfi believes that the main advantage of silicone implants is that they feel more natural.
For more information regarding breast implant safety go to: http://www.breastimplantsafety.org
Procedure and Recovery Details >>>
Examples of augmentation mammaplasties performed by Dr. Mondolfi:
Before and After Pictures
28 year old patient
5’ 5” tall, 120 lbs.
Saline devices 350 cc, below the muscle. Areolar incision
26 year old patient
5’ 5” tall, 115 lbs.
Saline devices, 275 cc, below the muscle. Axillary incision
23 year old patient
5’ 0” tall, 95 lbs.
Saline devices, 300 cc. below the muscle. Axillary incision
More Breast Augmentation Before & After Photos: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5
Before & Afters | Procedure Information | Hand Surgery | About Dr Mondolfi | Location
| Contact | Links | Blog | Home
Website Copyright ©2013 Paul E.
Dr. Paul E. Mondolfi is a credentialed, qualified and experienced plastic
surgeon serving the Houston,
Victoria, Sugar Land, San Antonio, Austin and Corpus Christi areas of Texas.
Dr. Mondolfi specializes
in facial plastic surgery, breast and body contouring, and liposculpture.
605 E. San Antonio St. • Suite 450
• Victoria, Texas 77901 • (361) 580-1574
Fax: (361) 570-3709
Website Development for Medical Practices by HealthPresence